The Barrington Media Group Business Intelligence & Technology department is looking for a savvy Tech Operations Manager to join our growing team. The hire will play a lead role for the Tech Operations team and lead the implementation for enterprise systems that are used across Barrington Media Group, support requests that come through for business-critical systems and help maintain vendor relationships for key third-party platforms.
The Technical Operations Manager will support our developers, analysts, and media buy team on data and systems configurations, ensuring that from a systems and technological standpoint, all items are configured effectively and efficiently. They must be self-directed and comfortable supporting the IT needs of multiple teams, systems, and products.
The ideal candidate will provide leadership to a team of technicians, helping to coach and develop the enterprise systems initiatives of the Business Intelligence & Technology department. The goal is to build and maintain updated and efficient computer systems to optimize the role of technology on business sustainability.
- Provide key support for all BMG critical systems, including internal communication tools, business operational tools, and homegrown enterprise platforms
- Develop and maintain local networks in ways that optimize performance, along with ensuring the security and privacy of all networks and computer systems
- Play a key role in training junior team members on our to work as members of the BIT department, as well as provide orientation and guidance to users on how to operate new software and computer equipment
- Resolve issues escalated by technicians and engineers, such as managing installations, upgrades and configurations of hardware and software
- Manage contracts with vendors (e.g. development platforms, telecommunication companies, password managers) and software licenses
- Analyze and implement organizational integrations, processes, and systems across all BMG group of companies and future acquisitions, such as employee and space requirements and equipment layouts.
- Maintain and test business continuity, disaster recovery, and IT related policies to ensure best practices are adhered to.
- Work with stakeholders including the Analyst & Media teams to assist with application-related technical issues and support their computer needs to ensure functionality.
Desired Skills & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field, or equivalent experience preferred
- 3+ years’ experience working in an IT or Operations capacity
- Hands on experience with diverse computer systems and networks, including familiarity with Cisco Security appliances, Office365, and AWS
- Experience with Windows, Linux, and MacOS operating systems
- Experience leading and managing large IT projects and rolling out IT infrastructures across various technologies
- Experience supporting and working with cross-functional teams in a dynamic environment
- Strong leadership skills and ability to manage multiple projects
- Strong attention to detail, project management, and organizational skills
- Excellent diagnostic and problem-solving skills
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Good knowledge of internet security and data privacy principles
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Dealing with Ambiguity – Effectively copes with change; ability to shift gears; can decide and act without having the total picture; embraces when things are up in the air.
- Curiosity – Possess a high level of intellectual curiosity.
- Fast-paced – Must thrive in a fast-paced environment.
- Functional/Technical Skills – Has the functional and technical skills to do the job at a high level of accomplishment.
- Informing – Provides information people need to know to do their jobs; provides individuals information so that they can make accurate decisions; is timely with information.
- Learning on the Fly – Learns quickly when facing new problems; a relentless and versatile learner; open to change; analyzes success and failures as clues to improvement; experiments and will try anything to find solutions; enjoys the challenge of unfamiliar tasks; quickly grasps the essence and the underlying structure of anything.
- Listening – Practices attentive and active listening; has the patience to hear people out; can accurately restate the opinions of others even when he/she disagrees.
- Skilled – Can marshal resources (people, funding, material or support) to get things done; can orchestrate multiple activities at once to accomplish a goal; uses resources effectively and efficiently; arranges information and files in a useful manner.
- Teamwork – Demonstrates teamwork skills, including mentoring and developing junior staff.
- Thought Partner – Ability to be a strong thought-partner to cross-functional colleagues.
Barrington Media Group is a high-growth, private equity backed, tech enabled marketing agency that specializes in direct response advertisements across TV, audio, digital and direct mail. Through recent acquisitions, BMG has expanded our offerings and capabilities and has become a direct response powerhouse. Our data-driven systems deliver fixed cost leads enabling our clients to grow their businesses rapidly with minimal risk. From creative development to analytics, media strategy to revenue optimization, BMG has the expertise and knowledge to fit together all of the pieces of a successful direct response campaign and deliver powerful and profitable results.
BMG has been a leader in the industry since 2003. While our growth over the past few years has been extraordinary, this opportunity will enable the candidate have a seat at the table and play an integral role in catalyzing this growth. While all of that might sound great, we truly pride ourselves on fostering a fun, fast-paced environment where employees are trusted and professional growth is supported. At BMG you’ll have the opportunity to work as part of a close-knit, entrepreneurial team.